To install a Bootloader on a ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC it is necessary to have:
- Original ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC (configurated as Bootloader burner).
Steps to configurate an ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC as Bootloader burner:
- Open The Arduino ISP Example on the Arduino IDE from: File >> Examples >> 11.ArduinoISP
- Select the right PLC which will work as a Bootloader burner
- Select the right port where the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC is connected.
- Change the standard pin configuration. At “#define RESET 10” and “#define RESET 4” change both with the pin 2. As illustrated here below.
Once the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC is configurated as Bootloader burner it is necessary to connect via SPI ports the Bootloader burner Arduino to the Original ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC where it is necessary to replace the bootloader…
|Bootloader burner (ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC“A”)||ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “B”|
After connect the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “B” to the Bootloader burner (ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “A”) It is necessary to connect the USB cable between the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “A” and the laptop.
Then you can continue doing:
- Select the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “B” on the Arduino IDE (remember that you have connected ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “A” to the Laptop) . ( Tools >> Board)
- Select the right port (From the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “A”). (Tools >> Port).
- Select the Programmer type: Arduino as ISP (Tools >> Programmer)
- Click on BURN BOOTLOADER on the Tools menú.
That’s all. Now you can upload a new file on the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “A”
And use the ARDBOX/M-DUINO PLC “B” as a new Board!!!!!