On this post it is showed the basics to work with GPRS SIMCOM SIM900 quad band GSM shield fully compatible with Arduino.
This shield has the following features:
- Quad-Band 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- GPRS multi-slot class 10/8
- GPRS mobile station class B
- Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+
- Class 4 (2W@850/900MHz)
- Class 1 (1W@1800/1900MHz)
- Control via commands (GSM 07.07, 07.05 and SIMCOM enhanced AT
- Short message service
- Free serial port selection
- 3.5 inch standard sonic sockets for MIC and phone
- Operation temperature: -40℃ ~ +85℃
The pins of the shield are the following ones:
|Reset||1||Reset hte SIM900 module|
|P||2||Power Switch pin of SIM900 module|
|Tx||3||UART data in|
|Rx||4||UART data out|
|DT||5||Debug UART data output|
|DR||6||Debug -UART data input|
To connect this shield with our Products you just simply need to connect Rx and Tx to an RX/TX interface of our devices. You also need to connect the GND to the GND of the PLC. The last thing is to power supply VCC that this shield is powered with 5V. It can be used the 5V output of the PLC. To configure the shield now it only depends on the software.
If you use an external power supply you have to take in mind that you need to connect the GND to have a common GND for the supply, the PLC and the shield.
It will be let a link to see a simple tutorial and how it is done the software part: